From Stage to Silver Screen
The original New Theatre was built in 1909 by the Herbert Jacob's family. It was only
a very small cinema with a stage but was burnt down in 1919.
It was rebuilt as the Cinderford Cinema by Jacobs but suffered a similar fate and
was burnt down just four years later at the beginning of 1923.