Littledean - The Grange.
A short distance from Dean Hall once lay The Grange which was finally leased in 1951
without any provision for keeping it in repair. As a result the house was finally demolished in
the nineteen-sixties. As its name implies it was, for several centures, in monastic hands being part of the land
belonging to the Abbey of St Mary de Dene, at Flaxley.
As with Dean Hall, the Grange was believed to have been haunted. There were
claims, when the house was still standing, that shadows were seen flitting from
window to window at nightfall.