Cinderford Rugby Football Club.
Cinderford. GL14 2AQ
Tel: 01594 822673
Cinderford Rugby Club was first formed in 1886 and was soon playing leading clubs
from the West of England and Wales. The fortunes of the Club and those of the local
mining economy were closely linked and both declined during the inter-war years
and a number of players "went north" for the attractive money from Rugby League
and others to Gloucester Rugby Club.
After the Second World War rugby in Cinderford was represented by Cinderford
White Rose who played at Cinderford Bridge. In 1956 they returned to Dockham
Road as Cinderford Rugby Club.
The ground was levelled in the sixties and a new clubhouse was added in the
seventies and new changing quarters followed in the nineties. Now after years of
hard work and investment by a dedicated group the club has first class sports and
social facilities which are the envy of many other clubs.